It was not as easy as we thought but we finally managed to install SAP Business One 9.0 PL2 on SQL Server 2012. We had to install and uninstall a few times as the installation failed. Here are a few tricks that you need to keep in mind when you install the Server Tools component:
- When you enter the SQL Server name, do not enter an IP address, you must enter the server name and the instance name (i.e. SAPB1\SQLINSTANCE).
- You must ensure that the SQL Server Browser service is active and set to automatic. If not, change the settings of the service, restart the server and install SAP Business One again.
- Ensure that the TCP/IP protocol is enabled for SQL Server. With SQL Server 2012, it is enabled by default.
- If you have any Firewall software enabled on your server, it is recommended to disable it.
- When you are asked to enter your SQL credentials, do not enter your windows or network credentials, enter the SQL account directly.
If everything goes well and after a couple of hours of installation, you should be able to see your SAP Business One client with the new gold interface.